Friday, August 10, 2012

To Imitate Judah; Connecting the Dots

Dear Sons and Sunshine,

I was thinking about connecting the dots. I have said to you often that all things are connected and although I believe that, I know that, I often forget it nonetheless. You remember the story of Joseph revealing himself to his brothers? Judah connects the dots…He confesses that all the calamity, is because of what they had done to Joseph all those years before. He connects the dots. He then does two things that when I read them brings me to tears. First, he confesses the evil he had done. God is so gracious and long-suffering with us. Look at how many years it took to bring Judah to repentance…and yet theLord never forsook him. And then, he offers himself for Benjamin…Judah’s life for Benjamin’s life. He offers himself as the substitute for his sins and the sins of his brothers that another might be set free. Judah finally becomes the true picture of his greater descendant, our Lord Jesus.

I see in Judah, God’s kind work of grace and I pray that for you; The work of grace that teaches us not simply to know the gospel of God, but to live the gospel, to have the reality of Jesus coming out of our mouths, our hands and our feet. And I am thankful for the Lord’s long-term approach with us all. But I also stand in wonder at how the Lord weaves our stories into His greater story and how He connects all the dots of our lives so that they will be a testimony to one thing, His glory in the salvation of sinners…God’s glory in your story and mine.

I love you all and miss you deeply.

May your father’s God bless you and keep you.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment